Commercial Leases Litigation
BEWARE OF THE FOUR CORNERS RULE
Some of the most complicated and convoluted contracts that I have ever read were North Carolina Commercial Leases. We have litigated one page hand written commercial leases and hundred page commercial leases. Each has its pitfalls of peril. Many include unreasonable restrictions and others are simply unconscionable. We urge you to have an experienced North Carolina Attorney review these documents carefully before signing. But, if you have already signed the lease and are having issues, we are here to assist you.
Common issues litigated:
- Breach of lease by tenant/landlord
- Breach of duty by tenant/landlord
- Failure to pay rents
- Unreasonable refusal to allow sublease
- Property damage by tenant
- Failure to maintain property landlords/tenants
- POA dues
- POA disputes
- Violation of rights by neighboring property owners/tenants.
- Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices
- And more…